The ORNL DAAC announces the availability of subsets from the Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectroradiometer (MODIS) sensor for 274 field sites. These subsetted products, which are in ASCII format for a 7 x 7 km area centered on the field sites, are especially useful for tracking seasonal dynamics. Please see http://www.fluxnet.ornl.gov/fluxnet/modis.cfm for details.
Weekly MODIS Land Products from MODIS sensors onboard the Terra and Aqua platforms include the following:
- -Leaf Area Index and Fraction of Photosynthetically Absorbed Radiation (LAI/fPAR, MOD15A2, MYD15A2),
- -Normalized Difference Vegetation Index and Enhanced Vegetation Index (NDVI/EVI, MOD13A2, MYD13A2),
- -Gross Primary Productivity (GPP, MOD17A2, MYD17A2),
- -Net Primary Productivity (NPP, MOD17A3, MYD17A2),
- -Surface Reflectance (MOD09A1, MYD09A1),
- -Land Surface Temperature and Emissivity (MOD11A2, MYD11A2),
- -BRDF Albedo Model (MOD43B1, MCD43B1), and
- -BRDF-Adjusted Nadir Reflectance (MOD43B4, MCD43B4).
In addition, the ORNL DAAC offers the Collection 3 Land Cover (MOD12Q1) subset at 7 x 7 km for over 250 sites.
A map server for MODIS subsets allows users to choose the sites and retrieve files for selected MODIS Land Products in ASCII format. To access this map server, visit our MODIS ASCII Subsets web page and click on "MODIS Map Server" in the menu bar at the top.
These MODIS ASCII Subsets are a collaborative effort of FLUXNET, the MODIS Land Team, and the ORNL DAAC.