NASA's Applied Remote Sensing Training Program (ARSET) has opened a new open, online webinar series: Evaluating Ecosystem Services with Remote Sensing. This 3-part, introductory, webinar on August 23, 25, & 30, 2022 will be held 11:00-12:30 EDT (UTC-4) all three days.
This training will outline the basics of ecosystem services and natural capital accounting. It will also provide an overview of how Earth Observations (EO) can be used to support global frameworks and initiatives such as standards set by the United Nation’s System of Environmental Economic Accounting (UN-SEEA).
By the end of this training attendees will be able to:
- Summarize primary concepts of ecosystem services and natural capital accounting
- Recall global frameworks and initiatives for ecosystem assessments
- Outline the role of NASA Earth Observations (EO) in conducting ecosystem assessments
- Identify natural capital accounting models that incorporate EO
- Discover case study examples of the use of EO for ecosystem assessments
More information on the program can be found here, and registration is available here.